Things That Make Me Happy: Super Mario Brothers Edition

Sunday, January 25, 2009

OK. OK. OK. I have been an AWFUL blogger recently. Molly pointed out to me the other day that it had been almost two weeks since my last post. I had no idea it had been that long... I AM SO SORRY! My new toy (see picture below) finally arrived, and this is the reason I have failed to blog recently.

I blame it all on Mario. He sucked out all of my creative blogging energy, and held me captive... forcing me to save his girlfriend the Princess Peach, and defeat the evil Bowser at the same time. I must admit that I have been a HUGE Super Mario Brothers fan since the good old days of my original Nintendo Entertainment System. Finally an exciting single player game existed in my world, and Mario and I became fast friends. At the time not many of my friends were really into video games, and the ones that were really didn't enjoy playing Super Mario with me, due to the fact that I always beat the pants off of them. Oh well. This only allowed me to further my amazing skills... and thus fuel my passion for all things Super Mario. So once again, with this newest addition to my life and the Super Mario Brothers family, my creative juices went by the wayside, and my ridiculously juvenile competitive desires took over. However, I have successfully beaten the game... and am thus back to my normal regular blogging schedule.

2 comments:

mj said...

Mario has been and always will be my favorite video game! We actually still have our original nintendo system and my sister has the Wii now so between the 2 systems, Mario is always being played at family get-togethers. I must confess though I've never beaten the game so I'm impressed!

Molly Pants said...

Oh my gosh! I totally steal the 6-year-old's DS every friday afternoon to play this! (No one's allowed video games till friday...)

So much fun! I want to try the cookbook for DS "games."